26 Ιουνίου 2014

Julian Barnes, Flaubert's Parrot / Our readings (1st year)

Julian Barnes, Flaubert's Parrot

Book 13th
02/05/2012
A suggestion of Kleopatra Tsakouri




Extracts of book reviews, 
translated by 
 Christiana Vellou, 
Dina Papadopoulou 
and Violetta Papadopoulou.


Archontoula Diavati
"[…] it is the code which the reader deciphers and becomes enlightened; passing on the calm and thoughtful love of a brave, complete man and the shiver of great literature […]".

ChristinaVoumvouraki
"[…] “very nice-I did not like it”. Maybe  the overly analysed prose and the self-referential tone of the book created from the start a sense of artificiality that didn’t seem to end". 

Eleni Papastergiadou
"I climb on a luxurious train wagon, with high speed and I extraordinarily enjoy a them, full of surprises. I recognize the life of a writer through the eyes of a doctor. I am constantly being bombarded with images and information, amusing with humor and exhausting with their details, which I cannot hold".

Christina Kelesidou
"On page 173:”he hated democracy”; and since these days are of great significance for our country (Greece), I cannot but make the connection: the author sustains the view that the best form of governance is that one reaching its demise; because this means that something new can take its former place. A hopeful message? An optimistic one? Better or worse? I don’t know. I only keep the positive ones!".

Stefania Veldemiri
A painting by Stefania Veldemiri inspired by Julian Barnes book, Flaubert's Parrot
"What happened was that I very much liked the observations, the comments, the interpretations, although I was not overly familiar with most of the texts the author was referring to; but now I wish to read some of them. There was a great sense of humor and the writer’s self-sarcasm was amusing; but there was also a realistic perspective, a cold glance and, finally, something resembling sensitivity".



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου